We all know that we need to exercise but maybe you didn’t know that, if you do it right, walking can be just as effective as other forms of exercise. First, let’s talk about the amazing life changing benefits of walking.
- Brisk walking helps reduce body fat, lower blood pressure, and increase high-density lipoprotein that transport cholesterol and triglycerides to the blood stream.
- Walking helps to improve balance and coordination.
- It is suggested that walking 6,000 steps a day will improve health and 10,000 steps a day will help one lose weight.
- Walking can help decrease the risk of heart attack, decrease the risk of developing type 2 diabetes, and can even reduce the risk of bone fracture. Additionally, brisk walking can reduce stress and depression levels as well as improve cancer survival rates.
- Researchers have found that women who walked at least 1.5 hours per week had significantly better cognitive function than women who walked less than 40 minutes a week.
We can all use those benefits, right?
I know starting can be hard, so I have something special for YOU!
Do you need help getting started? Then sign up for my FREE 6 Week Walk It Off Now Challenge! It starts July 4th – a free challenge for Freedom day!
PLUS! For a limited time, if you need some extra motivation and accountability (who doesn’t) you can upgrade to an annual membership for 75% off! And…Did I mention that not only will you have me personally coaching and cheering you on in a private Facebook group, but there will be prizes and excitement to keep you motivated and engaged?
Sign up here for the FREE 6-week challenge and it will take you to the upgrade page where you can learn more about the amazing benefits and perks that come with the Annual Upgrade!
Don’t take my word for it! See what people said about the last Walk It Off Now Challenge: